We are proud to offer Priority of Service to Veterans and their eligible spouses. This means that if you served on Active Duty in the United States military, you will:
- Be served first by the next available staff member
- Get first priority for jobs and training for which you are eligible and qualified
Services for Veterans
- Comprehensive employability assessments
- Individual employment plans
- Job referrals
- Referrals to training and support services
- Resume and interview preparation assistance
- Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- On the Job Training opportunities
Monthly Veteran Information and Networking Workshop
Last Wednesday of each month
Broome Workforce Center 501 Reynolds Road, Johnson City, NY 13790
Become familiar with resources and support available to the Veteran Job-seeker population presented by a trained and knowledgeable Veteran Staff Member.
See a Career Services Staff member to schedule you to attend this workshop.
You may be asked to complete determination paperwork. If you did not qualify to meet with a Disabled Veteran Outreach Specialist, you will still continue to receive priority of service and will meet with one of our professional Labor Service Staff.
Services for Employers
- Job matching and job placement for Veterans
- Conduct employer outreach
- Inform Federal contractors of the process to hire qualified veterans
- Promote credentialing and licensing opportunities for veterans
Would you like to learn more about the benefits of hiring veterans? Contact Bill Fowler: William.Fowler@labor.ny.gov, Veterans' Employment Representative, today.
Find a complete list of local & national Veteran Resources.