(formerly the ELITE Program)
CareerBound connects young adults (ages 18-24) to the tools they need to succeed in today’s careers:
- Paid Job Experience
- Start getting paid quickly; once your training is completed (which is customized for each young adult), you can start working with one of our business partners and get paid for your time!
- Free Skills Training
- Training programs include: CNA (Certified Nurse Aide), Building Maintenance, Customer Service, and Computer Skills - and more
- Personalized Job Placement
- We work with employers all over the county and place each young adult based on their interests - employers involved include Willow Point, Fur & Feathers, Cornell Cooperative Extension, Apprenticeship programs for Building Trades, and more are added every month.
- Mentoring and Professional Support
- Each participant gets a personalized case manager to work on overcoming barriers to employment: shelter, food, clothing, child care, transportation, and more. We offer referrals to partner agencies, post-secondary education, and financial assistance, whatever each young adult needs.
- Each participant receives an individualized success plan based on their interests to help them reach their career goals.
Are you a Young Adult who is looking for a career? You may be eligible for our program!
If you work for an organization that serves Young Adults, and would like to see if one of your participants is eligible for this program, please contact us - we would love to talk with you more about eligibility.
For more information contact Holly at 607-760-2568 or Carry Thomas at 607-778-6463, or message CareerBound on Facebook.
Visit the CareerBound page on the Cornell Cooperative Extension website.
The CareerBound program a partnership between Broome-Tioga Workforce New York and Cornell University Cooperative Extension.