(Empowering Leaders Into Tomorrow's Employment)
ELITE, which stands for: Empowering Leaders Into Tomorrow's Employment offers young adults the One-Stop Employment Experience.
ELITE - Program Overview
The ELITE program is offered in collaboration by Broome-Tioga Workforce New York, Cornell University Cooperative Extension and the Broome-Tioga BOCES to provide young adults ages 18 to 24 the tools they need to succeed in today’s careers. These tools include the following:
- Occupation Training
- Work Experience
- TASC (formerly GED) Preparation Classes
- Literacy Tutoring
- Assistance in Searching for Employment
- Employment Placement
- And Much More!
Associates will receive an individualized success plan based on their interests and our assessments in addition to the tools previously mentioned to help them obtain their career goals.
- Skills ELITE will prepare associates with the skills needed to further their training, education or employment opportunities. TASC (formerly GED) preparation is offered to help you pass and receive your High School Equivalency Diploma. If associates already have their diploma but require a reading and math refresher, tutoring is available
- Training The ELITE program offers young adults a wide range of occupational training. Some of the available training programs include: CNA -(Certified Nurse Aide), Building Maintenance, Customer Service and computer skills training
- Employment Preparation ELITE associates receive preparation for the workplace and furthermore, the ELITE Program will assist you in finding employment while you are in the ELITE program and upon completion of the program. Some employers who have visited the ELITE program are: Lourdes, Lowes, Wegmans and all branches of the United States Military.
- Additional Services ELITE provides many additional services to help you meet your education and employment goals. You are provided a personal case manager to work with you on any life essentials or barriers that you might experience including: shelter, food, clothing, child care, and transportation. Additionally, we will offer access to organizations from the local community that can provide information in areas of parenting, furthering your post-secondary education and financial assistance. Some of these organizations include: Planned Parenthood, Gang Prevention, United Way’s First Call for Help and Crime Victim’s Assistance Center.
For more information contact:
ELITE at Workforce New York
171 Front Street
Binghamton, NY 13905
607.778.2136 or 607.584.5004
JOB CORPS Overview
Job Corps is an Employment and Training Program designed to assist young people, at least 16 and not yet 25 years of age at the time of enrollment, who both need and can benefit from the wide range of services provided at a Job Corps center.
Job Corps offers academic, vocational, and life skills training through a unique approach of competency-based, individualized instruction. Services include: basic education; High School Diploma; General Education Development (GED); vocational skills training; advanced training; personal and career counseling; residential living programs; healthcare; and related support services.
Because Job Corps is a self-paced program, lengths of enrollment vary. Students may remain in the program for up to 2 years, but the average length of enrollment is approximately 7 months. An optional third year is granted for students who qualify for advanced training.
The Oneonta Job Corps Center offers training in the following programs:
Business Clerical, Culinary Arts, Nurses Aide, Electrician, Welder, Child Care Worker, Tile Setter, Auto Repair Technician, Auto Body Repair, Cement Mason.
For more information about the Job Corps program contact:
800.758.7502 x 1445
or, Broome Workforce NY at 607.778.2136